Friday, August 04, 2006

Cell Phone Blues

So, my cell phone is lost/stolen. I really should look into one of those programs that downloads all the numbers onto the harddrive. Sigh. Oh, well hindsight is 20/20.

There was an amusing development earlier today. I dropped Stephen off at work and borrowed his cell phone to call around town, call the phone company, call people that probably called me, etc. I'm having a delicious nap after a rough night and a day of worrying about my phone. BUT I did take extra care to set his ringer on the "LOUD" setting WITH vibration AND set it three inches from my eye ball. All was dandy. Well, when it comes time for him to wander on back home, he sends me an IM telling me to come get him. *Zzzzz* Another saying he was heading home. *Zzzzz* He eventually ends up walking the mile or so back home in 90+ degree temperatures. Blech.

He gets home and looms over the bed where I'm just waking up and asks me to ask him how he got back home. It takes a few blinks before I realize he just got in from Hell. So I ask him why he didn't call me. His response: YOU HAVE MY PHONE! I calmly ask him why he didn't call his phone from his office phone. Silence. He grins a little abashedly. He responds: BECAUSE YOU HAVE MY PHONE! And I didn't think about it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home